Lilypie Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 2, 2010

Playing Catch Up!

I just realized that I haven't posted in over a MONTH! So much has happened since the last time I posted. Here is the quick version of what's been going on...

I started working again!! AH! I was looking for a part-time job and was offered a job at the Log Cabin (Faulkner County's Newspaper) that I couldn't refuse. So, I am working full-time again. But have lots of flexibility and can work from home some. I am doing graphic design and some sales, however, in Nov. I will be 100% account executive (sales). I am loving being in the professional world again. It makes me feel important. I also am enjoying adult interaction. However, I miss Drake like CRAZY during the day!! His daycare is about 4 blocks from where I work, so most days I go over to his daycare and play with him for an hour during lunch. :-)

Drake started Daycare!!! I NEVER thought that this would happen, but it has. And actually, It's been a really good experience. He LOVES it! His teachers LOVE him and he LOVES them. I was already considering putting him something like MDO two days a week. He is loving the interaction with other kids. He is a social butterfly! :-)

Our house is slowly, but surely going up. The perk test was done last week and the footer is being dug this week. We hope to be in by Christmas!!

Living with the parents is going pretty well. One good thing....there's always food in the kitchen and meals cooked daily! One bad thing...the laundry room is always busy!!

Drake has started to walk!!!! His first step was on June 13th! He is getting to be such a big boy! He can say- momma, dada, papa, ball "ba", nana "banana", juju "juice", joyjoy "Josey", buh'ble "bubble", nononono "no" I think that's all of them. He is jabbering all the time so those are the words I've noticed the most.

We are down to 2 nursings a day!! One in the morning and one at night. He is drinking milk during the day!!

Here are some fun pictures I took of Drake the other day in our yard. ENJOY!





This photo is of Drake's actual FIRST STEP! I am SOOOO glad that Shulana was taking pictures that night!!

2 comments:

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

Glad all is well with you all! You have had a lot going on!! Yay for Drake taking his first steps!!!!

Ashley Fisher :) said...

oh my goodness! You do have a lot going on!! Congrats on your job and Drake's first steps! He is sooo adorable!