Lilypie Ticker

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Day at the Woodard House

Today has been just about like every other day. Drake woke up around 6:30, ate at 7:00, played till 9:00, took a nap till 10:00, ate again, played till 12:00, took another nap till 2:00 (that's rare for him to sleep that long!), ate, and now he's playing again! He'll eat again around 4:00, play till 6:00, have bathtime and bedtime routine with dad, eat at 7:00 and then off to bed at 7:30.

I love how we've gotten in such a routine. I think it really helps me and Drake feel confident when we go places. We know what to expect and when to expect it. I encourage all new moms and moms-to-be to GET IN A ROUTINE EARLY AND STICK TO IT!

While Drake was taking his 2 hour nap I had time to make a chocolate chip bunt cake and Southwestern chicken soup in the crockpot.


Here are some pictures that I took of Drake playing this afternoon.




It feels just yesterday we were at the hospital and so nervous about bringing him home! Now here we are....our lives are forever changed for the better. We couldn't imagine life without this precious little boy. I praise the Lord for everyday that I get to be his mommy.

3 comments:

Cara Beth said...

he's so beautiful, Laura!

Lilly, Reid, Matt, and Sara said...

He is such a doll! He is just up to all kinds of fun stuff. Glad you guys are on a schedule and doing well. Congratulations on your decision to move to Conway! (:

Unknown said...

Such cuties! I hope your Conway move goes well. We are forming an Arkansas Bloggers group and would love for you to link your blog to that. There are absolutely no obligations. This is just a way for us to be aware of one another. I think it will be fun to see where everyone is located. Eventually, there will be an Arkansas Bloggers page. That is currently under construction. The link to the information is on my blog if you would like to check it out.